Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Answer: Greatest Challenge from Divorce

Reader's question: "What did you find to be the greatest challenge from divorce?"

Adam's answer:

I'd say the number one greatest challenge involves trying to maintain (or build) some type of normalcy for the kids. But really...what is normal? If the parents had a bad relationship which resulted in a failed marriage then the kids most probably need a major change from what has been their 'normal'.

The second biggest challenge (or maybe first if no children involved) would be trying to get back into dating. The longer you are out of it the more lost you may feel. I was married for 10 1/2 years and felt so completely clueless once I was back on my own. It is now six years later and I'm still largely confused based on the type of women I've been meeting.

I don't think I'm alone in this situation, but I do think I'm one of the few stupid enough to put the true stories of my personal relationship failures out there for the entire world to read. Maybe it wasn't the smartest decision, but so far it has received good reviews. I've been told by some that they laughed until they cried and another said she almost urinated on herself from the hilarious way I told some stories.

I'm glad people are enjoying it, but hey...that’s my life you're laughing at!

You can find "Relationslips" online through http://www.RelationslipsBook.com or by searching Amazon, Yahoo or Google for Relationslips by Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment