Saturday, July 18, 2009

Relationslips the book is now available!

Relationslips: Definitely NOT A Dating Guide
ISBN 9780984335510

Most people have a few stories about bad dates and failed relationships, but most people are not stupid enough to publish their experiences for the entire world to read. Here lie the bare revelations of one man’s astounding failures at meeting, dating and developing successful relationships with women. You’ll be entertained and amazed as the author leads you through a lifetime of bad choices and poor luck. Lucky for you Adam has retained his sense of humor and exhibits an extraordinary resolve in his ability to laugh at himself and his own shortcomings.

As the male brain drops and curiosity rises, a boy’s fear of cooties is overpowered by a natural drive to experience and learn. It’s not that girls become any less mysterious and foreboding, but now we just seem to care a little more about exploring those strange creatures and their eccentricities. This is where a life of trouble begins.

“My last boyfriend used to tie me up, gag me and get pretty rough. I left him after six years because I felt he didn’t respect me.” Christina revealed to me on our second date.

Ilene said “I know what you’re thinking.” I only responded “Yeah?” “Yes” she said, “you’re looking at my crutches.”
“I don’t think you mentioned that” I answered.
“Well” she explained “I was afraid it would scare you away if you knew about the amputation.” Emily confided in me “I have to tell you that I am not a real woman…but it’s okay.”
My response was “How the hell can you think something like that would be okay?!”
Her simple explanation was “Well I really do like to wear women’s clothing so it shouldn’t make a difference.”

I prepared a meal of chicken casserole, black beans and rice. Jennifer was impressed with both the aroma filling the house and the pleasant appearance of the food. As my luck would have it she was allergic to corn which I had used in making the casserole.

“You shave your lips?” Nicola asked. “No, not usually, but the razor slipped” was my reply. She pointed out “It must have slipped a lot because you still have stubble covering your face.”

“A little more alcohol and you’ll probably fall off the boat and make a fool of me!” I noticed that Lynn suggested my falling off the boat as more of an inconvenience to her rather than any actual concern for my safety, but considering what I’d already put her I kept my mouth shut.

I picked up a Bible and began reading verses of interest quietly to the person seated next to me. Jasmine jumped up and yelled “Stop whispering things about me!”

“Now that we are dating I expect you to be a real man and start paying some of my bills: Maybe my car payment or the rent” Marie explained to me on our second date.

Yuni read the sign aloud warning that visitors with heart conditions should not board the ride, then confirmed her decision to disregard the precaution by stating “I know my body and I’m going to ride it anyway.”

“I didn’t mean to lead you on by giving you my number” Kassie cautioned me when I called the number she had given me.

"You breathe too much" my loving wife stated.

Want to review this book or make a comment?

Go to www.RelationslipsBook.com


Relationslips: Definitely NOT A Dating Guide
ISBN 9780984335510

No comments:

Post a Comment